ALLEGRINI PALAZZO DELLA TORRE IGT 2019
Made from a blend of 70% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella and 5% Sangiovese the Palazzo della Torre is a smooth full-bodied Valpolicella. It has a rounder style, lower acidity and better structure than a Valpolicella Classico. It is made in an innovative ‘ripasso’ style resulting in higher alcohol content. The Allegrini family estate encompasses 70 hectares of vineyard situated in the heart of the Valpolicella Classico area. The Allegrini family has been growing grapes in Valpolicella for several generations and the estate in its current form was founded by Giovanni Allegrini. Franco, Giovanni’s son, now looks after the vineyards and is the winemaker. Franco Allegrini uses a modern version of the traditional 'ripasso' technique for this wine. Grapes to be dried are hand picked during the third week of September, whereas those to be vinified immediately are picked in the first two weeks of October. At the drying centre both the temperature and humidity are controlled, and as a result the development of botrytis is avoided, and the integrity of the fruit is preserved. 70% of the grapes picked from the Podere Palazzo della Torre are vinified immediately. The remaining 30% are left to dry until the end of December when they are vinified and then refermented with the wine from the fresh grapes.
Corvina, Rondinella, Sangiovese